Powering Up and Powering Down the Sound System
From EUTC Wiki
|This article is out of date|
|Please update it when you get a chance|
Powering Up the System
- Switch on all sources i.e. minidisc players, CD players etc.
- Turn on the sound desk (and phantom power if needed)
- Turn on the Equalizer (top item in rack – switch at back)
- Turn on the compressor (second from top in rack)
all of the above are now integrated into the IEC distro with the long directional lighting tube on it. turn that on instead.
- Wait 5 seconds
- Turn on the amplifiers (the sub amp lives underneath the rack part of the desk)
- Wait until the PROTECTION or LIMIT lights have gone off before continuing
- Turn the MC2 volume knobs to around 6 for both channels
- Turn the other amp volume knobs to around 24 for both channels
Powering Down the System
- Turn the MC2 volume knobs all the way anticlockwise (NOT to zero)
- Turn the Yamaha amp volume knobs anticlockwise to infinity ∞ (NOT to zero)
- Wait 30 seconds
- Turn off both amps
- Turn off the sub amp - this is often forgotten, and damages the amp when the desk is turned off.
- Wait a few seconds
- Turn off the Equalizer (top item in rack – switch at back)
- Turn off the compressor (item below)
- Turn off the sound desk & phantom power
- Turn off all sources i.e. minidisc players, CD players etc.
this has now been integrated, as with turning on the rack. see above.
- The MC2 is the amplifier in the main sound rack, and is located above the sound patch panel
- If you don’t know what you’re doing please ask someone who does
- The Yamaha is dead and there is a new amp above the MC2 in the rack
- It's not really worth messing around with the channel levels on the sub amp when turning it on and off unless you know what you are doing